Companies that use open-source tools to work with big data or work with cloud solutions have suffered the least from the departure of foreign vendors. They can continue to use the familiar stack and develop their products while the rest of the companies are busy migrating to a new stack or solving infrastructure problems.
The speakers noted that Russian companies now have several options for continuing to work with big data.
- Transition to open-source tools.
- Migrating Big Data to the cloud uses tools and infrastructure that the provider is responsible for supporting.
- I am working on a Bare Metal server infrastructure using available tools from Russian vendors.
The Formation Of New Competencies In Teams Is The Main Request Of Companies
Changes in the Russian IT market are forcing companies to change their approach to team building – with the departure of foreign vendors and the forced transition to new solutions, many companies are faced with a shortage of competencies needed to work with the new stack.
Complicating the situation is that Russian companies often developed competencies mainly in the field of products, based on which they built corporate IT systems. After some of them became unavailable, there was a request to retrain the team.
To smoothly migrate to the new stack and minimize the risk of slowing down the development of Big Data solutions, companies plan to:
- Switch to solutions that do not need to be studied from scratch – for example, Russian products or open-source tools; the team is competent to work with.
- Move considerable data work to the cloud to reduce the burden on in-house IT professionals.
- Hire a Full Stack Data Engineer who can solve several tasks of a different nature, closing the team’s weaknesses.
- Changes in the IT market have affected the plans of companies to work with big data. To continue working with Big Data at the same level, companies are optimizing the use of resources, applying affordable solutions, and moving work with big data to the cloud.
- Companies tend to migrate to a new technology stack while maintaining the data model – they need to migrate to new solutions without disrupting established extensive data processes.
- Big Data teams in 2022 will use cloud infrastructure and tools in the cloud.
- Companies are forced to look for new specialists and develop new competencies within teams. There is a growing demand on the market for a Full Stack Data Engineer who can solve several tasks of a different nature, closing the team’s weaknesses.