Improving the popularity and visibility on search engines and in particular on Google is the goal of every activity that aims to do business online. But reaching the first page of Google search results isn’t easy at all: it takes time and money.
When you think about it, standing out among the competition sites for your products and services is an important value and like all things important, it is worth a lot. Just to give you an idea, Google’s algorithm takes into account over 200 different SEO parameters to evaluate the relevance of a web page compared to other similar ones.
Useful Tips To Improve The Popularity
When we search on Google for a particular keyword, the algorithm applies a series of criteria and evaluates the relevance of web pages to the search key. It also gives a very significant assessment of the quality and uniqueness of the contents. Based on these considerations, it presents a results page with a list of pages.
The first on the list is the site most relevant to the search key and with the best quality content and so on, the others.
Search engine optimization, SEO, is a very important operation when it comes to web marketing and anyone who is preparing to do business on the internet must know this mechanism if they want to take advantage of the business opportunities offered by the web.
Below you will find some useful tips to optimize the pages of your website and improve visibility and traffic on Google.
1) Quality content
- Anyone who has a business and understands the importance of the web for their business knows how important it is that the pages of the company website are visited by users. The most important thing to do to achieve this is to create useful pages, pages that have value for those who read them.
- We are all users of the network and therefore we know that when we search for something on Google and ‘land’ on a specific page, we want to satisfy our curiosity, a need, or our need.
- For example, if we have a planned purchase, we look for technical characteristics, user opinion, and prices of a certain product.
- If we seek information on something or someone we want to find a clear and comprehensive reading on the subject.
- The usefulness of reading is determined by the quality of the content. For this to be possible, it is necessary that the content is useful, the topic treated interesting, is usable by most, and that it receives as many contacts as possible, even after a long time.
2) Think About User Searches
- Put yourself in your potential customers’ shoes, try to think about what searches they do and with what keywords. If you know your products and services well you should also know what problems they solve, what characteristics they have, what their usefulness is.
- This is the best way to choose the most appropriate keywords to select for your web marketing campaign.
- Knowing what your competitors are doing, possibly those who rank better than you can be of great help.
3) Use Videos
- ” A picture is worth a thousand words “. Making short movies is a great idea. It’s a great way to deliver content that will not only give your products and services and your brand more exposure but will also increase visits to your website.
- Social sharing will do the rest of the work.
4) Update The Site
- The more often you update your site, the more Google will think it’s important.
- For example, if you publish a post every day or even several times a day, your site will seem like a great source of information to search engines.
- With each content posted, the odds of competing with other sites for the most important keywords for your business increase.
5) Ask An SEO Expert
- It is always better to contact an expert SEO consultant to optimize your business site according to the rules dictated by search engines.
- Entrusting the task of improving the visibility of your website to a person, or a web agency, can be a good marketing strategy, which pays off in the long run.